Enticing the Brothers of Thunder
This piece was created in the late half of spring in 2010 during a phase of great and personal transition. On the verge of moving out of my small apartment and out of a city I had high hopes for, I was stuck between two worlds for the summer – doing what I love to do with my work and perhaps sticking with safer, more stable options to retain a kind of security moving forward into a future I may or may not be completely happy with.
The work was nonobjective, to start, where color was laid on thick in blankets and form was shaped and then placed with a specific kind of personal meaning. It was an indirect exploration through symbols in my work I had become accustomed to as items displaying personal growth and reflection – mysterious eyes; bright, abrasive, yet balanced colors; bodiless limbs performing nondescript tasks. Ultimately, I was left with a piece that stood on its own and allowed me to reflect upon, through mysterious imagery, the kinds of inner turmoil I was used to dealing with in my tumultuous year.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 16.0"
- Acrylic on pine panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.