Piece description from the artist
I consider the summer of 2011 to be one of the brightest seasons of my artistic life. A myriad of last-minute life decisions brought me to working at a summer camp in southwestern Connecticut, doing totally unexpected work with the groundskeeper there, and reveling in pleasantly bizarre experiences that, in most ways, betrayed my previous life as an instructor for that same camp years previous.
In 2011, I lived in a quiet tow trailer behind the maintenance complex on the eastern edge of the camp's grounds. My schedule included short spans of fast-paced, arduous work – shoveling, raking, lifting, fixing, cleaning, etc. – bookended by long stretches of free time. I eventually found myself in the best shape of my life with a makeshift painting studio in the woods for the duration of the two months. The result of that was an inspired collection of work – "Power Rangers!" being a selection from that same group of paintings with a bright palette and a curious positivity that, to this day, pays homage to the widely accepted idea that making bold choices for the sake of your own happiness can lead to totally unexpected and enriching experiences.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 8.0" x 13.0"
- Oil, Resin, Pine
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.