Newer Gentler Rebirth
Piece description from the artist
My work is often marked and affected by the season in which it's created. It's always a personal pleasure to look back at groups of work from particular months to wonder about the stylistic shifts and choices that seem specific to weather and time. For example, with a work like "Newer Gentler Rebirth" – which was created in October, 2012 – there remains a residual vividness and pleasant intensity of color that is typically indicative of most of my summer work. The portraiture, though obscured intentionally by a layer of gel medium, is much clearer of composition and posture. Some work from muddier months reflect the weather's effect with confusing proportions and shadowy compositions, lots of grayed out surfaces, etc..
I consider this piece, for most intents and purposes, to be a study that I hope to realize further as the warmer months of 2013 draw closer.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- " x "
- acrylic, ink, high solid gel
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.