Piece description from the artist
A shaggy beast emerges from the mists of time. This is the Woolly Rhino, Coelodonta Antiquitatis, a species of rhinoceros that existed during the last Ice age. He stands in a grassy clearing with hints of snow tracing the ground. A dense fog, or perhaps smoke from a nearby grass fire, almost completely envelopes him.
I haven’t done much paleoart lately, but I'd been getting the itch to create a prehistoric animal artwork lately, so here is the latest in my extinct creature series. I've made art before depicting the wooly rhino. It's one of my favorite of the Pleistocene megafauna, but I was trying a new fur technique with this one, and I think it turned out rather well. I went for less scenery in this one and went with a more textbook illustration feel. Hence, I have the creature in profile and eliminated any details in the background.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 72.0" x 45.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.