Piece description from the artist
On a dark and stormy day, a dark man rides a dark horse. In one hand he holds his mount's reins, in the other, a rifle. A dark scarf obscures his face beneath his black hat. As he glances in your direction, lightning forks down from the sky in distance.
This is the man in black. He is the villain of the American Wild West, the bad guy, the embodiment of evil. He might have a name, but you need know him only as "Black Hat".
Typically in old Western movies, particularly the black and white ones, the villain would wear a black hat and the hero a white. In modern culture, "black hat" can be used to refer to computer hackers who engage in unlawful practices.
A variety of digtial sculpting, painting, and 3D rendering techniques were used to create this image.
Thanks for looking!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 36.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.