Snow on 95
I conceive my paintings as something similar to life: there is a general idea about what we are going to do, but then there are also unexpected factors that can add a particular twist — like each time a color interacts with water, it creates a different effect. I foresee a painting before I start it, but I allow variations to the original plan. These variations give a surreal spin to my work that goes along with my way of looking at things not as they are but as they could be. I like to use watercolors as a medium where every brushstroke on the paper becomes part of the final work.
I begin obsessed with certain scenes that I see in my mind. I try to sketch and paint the landscape several times, developing at every step a more personal shape. I like to paint landscapes that are deserted by people and have skies of fantastic colors, as if they came out of a dream. These objects become part of a blurred world that belongs to my personal vocabulary. They become impossible to recognize in their original form, but, at the same time, they are vaguely familiar.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 14.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.