Piece description from the artist
I conceive my paintings as something similar to life: there is a general idea about what we are going to do, but then there are also unexpected factors that can add a particular twist — like each time a color interacts with water, it creates a different effect. I foresee a painting before I start it, but I allow variations to the original plan. These variations give a surreal spin to my work that goes along with my way of looking at things not as they are but as they could be. I like to use watercolors as a medium where every brushstroke on the paper becomes part of the final work.
I begin obsessed with certain scenes that I see in my mind. I try to sketch and paint the landscape several times, developing at every step a more personal shape. I like to paint landscapes that are deserted by people and have skies of fantastic colors, as if they came out of a dream. These objects become part of a blurred world that belongs to my personal vocabulary. They become impossible to recognize in their original form, but, at the same time, they are vaguely familiar.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 14.0" x 20.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.