A view from the bridge that crosses the Chattahoochee river near the intersection of GA Hwy 75 and the Unicoi Turnpike. This beautiful and ancient valley, called Sautee Nacoochee, was once the home of prehistoric mound building indians . Built in 10,000 BC the legend of the mound (on the far left of the painting) goes that Sautee: a Choctaw brave had a forbidden love with a lovely young Cherokee princess named Nacoochee (which translated means “The Evening Star”). The two ran away with each other and hid on the slope of Mount Yonah. A Cherokee search party found them, and Nacoochee`s father ordered Sautee thrown off the face of the mountain. Seconds after Sautee was thrown from the mountain, Nacoochee flung herself after him, refusing to live without her love. The two lovers were buried together in the large mound. The area is now named after the two. It is said if you desecrate or even tread on the mound, bad fortune will come to you from Indian spirits. I hope painting it does not count.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 64.0" x 34.0"
- Acrylic and oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.