Hilton Head Shrimper
While vacationing on Hilton Head Island I was Inspired by the passing of the shrimp boat Deborah Anne each day as she crossed close to shore. I composed this painting from several photos and sketches using acrylic to work up the detail of the boat and finally oil
glazes to render the high clouds . This painting won second prize in the Marietta/Cobb Art Museum Metro Montage Exhibit this year (2010). Judged by Adrianna Del Collo from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Her kind comments follow: “A paradox present in some of the greatest seascapes is at work in Hilton Head Shrimper. To me, the most dynamic element of the composition is the sky, not the sea. Large cumulus clouds echo the shape of the shrimper, trailed by scavenging gulls, and serve as a reminder that the boat is at the whim of the elements”
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 36.0"
- Acrylic and oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.