I am often prone to thoughts of wanderlust. Vessels will arrive in my work as symbols for either the onset or prospect of a journey – whether it be far and away or short and close to home – or for the intrinsic idea of escape.
The application of paint in this piece was pointedly excessive, an exercise in gauging my own limitations with the medium. As much paint was applied, much was taken away with the palette knife, leaving me to play with not only how much paint was arriving to build forms, but to also play with the kinds of things I could accomplish with the absence of the paint.
Through all of that – the adding and subtracting of much paint to describe simple symbols and a simple word – there is left what I consider to be an aesthetically pleasant and mysterious piece that whispers a kind of inspiration to anyone looking for change and newness.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 16.0"
- Acrylic on pine panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.