Lord of Winter, Queen of Spring
Piece description from the artist
A dark undead knight on a spectral mount faces off against a bright fairy queen. The deathknight known as The Lord of Winter raises his cold hammer to strike, but the faerie Queen of Spring counters with a fiery burst of magic from her staff. Meanwhile, the elements themselves around them seem to be in conflict.
Here in Atlanta, the change from winter to spring can be kind of strange. Sometimes the winter can hold on until the end of April, but often spring wins out in early March. It can vary quite a bit day to day here. For instance, yesterday it was 80 degrees Fahrenheit (~27 Celsius) when I did my daily jog at noon. Just a week ago, it was 40 (~4 Celsius). The week before that, 75. It's always as if winter and spring fight with one another this time of year. So I decided to create a work that visualized that struggle.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 37.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.