Warrior and Eagle
Piece description from the artist
"Warrior and Eagle"
Standing on a rocky hilltop, an American Indian warrior shouts as he unleashes his companion, a massive bald eagle. The warrior is shirtless but wears tan hide leggings and moccasins intricately detailed with red, white and blue bead work. He has also decorated his skin with red and brown war paint. The great eagle is perched on the man's arm, but it spreads its wings, ready to take flight. Behind them wispy clouds cut across the dawn skies.
I often draw inspiration for my artwork from Native American legends and stories. I had been wanting to create a Native American themed work that incorporated and Eagle for a few weeks. While doing research, I came across the Delaware story of "The Warrior and the Eagle" in which a warrior must help raise Eagles as punishment for trying to pluck their feathers. The story gave me the idea to create a scene that sort of follows up on the legend where the warrior now has one of the eagles he helped to raise as a companion.
To make this, I used digital 3d and digital painting techniques.
Thanks for looking!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 45.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.