Every year, Montserrat College of Art’s illustration department hosts a show in the school’s main gallery on Cabot Street that allows for students, faculty, and alumni alike to submit various pieces based firmly or loosely around a certain named theme – a theme decided upon beforehand by the illustration faculty. For 2010, the show’s theme was “Zombies”.
This piece is one half of a series I created specifically for the occasion. Looking more for a pointed kind of humor for my work, something that might, perhaps, make my work more accessible or literal (also for the occasion), I ended up landing by the idea of having something obnoxious and blunt – a ridiculous zombie, infirm to the point of comedy, with its inner dialogue splashed boldly above and behind its head – ‘DON’T SHOOT ME’
The show was a hit, and this piece was a topic of conversation for most of that year’s senior illustration classes during that time. It was returned to me with the note that it unofficially won ‘Best in Show‘ among the faculty
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 16.0"
- Acrylic on pine panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.