Written in Particles and Waves
Piece description from the artist
Abstract Acrylic painting, 16x 20 inch original, varnished acrylic on 1.5 inch deep cradled birch wood panel. The panel was sealed using Golden's GAC 100, an archival sealer and barrier layer. The painting was created in layers, alternating free form abstract expressionist ideas and techniques with tape masked hard edge techniques. Written in Particles and Fields is a study in yellow tonalities, with objects and patterns at various length-scales suggesting order at different length scales, granularity and self-similarity.
Many of the fine painted details are evocative of the symbols used for sinusoidal electromagnetic waves and for compressive waves. other fine details are meant to evoke particle probability waves. In some areas the details are more explicitly quantum mechanical, where the standing waves for atomic orbitals and molecular orbitals have been sketched in carefully.
"Text" is used in the painting, but the text of particles and waves is of course equations and operators. The Schrodinger equation features prominently, but a number of key Quantum operators are also in there along with the DeBroglie particle wave equation and the Uncertainty.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- acrylic on birch wood panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.