Abstract Sunset after Schiele
Piece description from the artist
A smaller ink drawing/painting using pigmented inks – highly permanent pigmented ink markers and felt tip pens. On "Artboard' a thin rigid archival material that looks like paper, but is more durable. The pigmented ink markers blend and layer extremely well on the artboard. I've been inspired to use inks and drawing media to re-interpret some of my favorite Early 20th Century paintings. Ink is a very different medium, and my own aesthetic is not identical to the well-known painters used as inspiration. The translation from their aesthetic to mine and from paint to ink involves adding detail, abstracting, and reworking ideas. It's been informative so far. This drawing was inspired by Egon Schiele's complex and moody landscapes – you can find them around Vienna in the museums (Upper Belvedere for example)
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 8.0"
- alchol based ink on acid free paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.