Warriors of the Plains
Piece description from the artist
An American Indian brave holds his spear aloft as he rides his war horse over a grassy hill. Both the Native American man and the pinto coated mustang are warriors and wear brightly colored war paint. The man and his spear are both decorated with eagle feathers to represent courage, strength, and freedom. The horse also wears elaborate trappings. The heroic pair kick up a shower of rock and dust as they charge through the dark morning beneath cloud filled skies which threaten a stormy day.
As an artist, I very much enjoy creating scenes filled with action and movement, and, being from the U.S., I like subjects that are distinctly American. So, I find that scenes of Native American warriors usually wind up as my favorites in my gallery. "Warriors of the Plains" is no exception.
To create this artwork, I used digital art techniques: The horse and rider were posed in Poser 10 then imported into Vue 2015 where the rest of the scene was constructed. Final rendering was also done in Vue. Next, I used GIMP to do some additional painting work. Finally, I used Topaz Adjust to enhance the colors.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 60.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.