Are We There Yet?
Piece description from the artist
On a cold and overcast day in early December, a few snow flurries drift in the air. A family of white tailed deer travel through the North American wilderness and have come to a wide field. The father, a buck with huge antlers stands tall scanning the clearing. One of the fawns mimics him looking off in another direction. Meanwhile, the doe looks at the other young deer who frolics in the grass and approaches his mother as if to ask: "Are we there yet?".
I was hiking in along a private neighborhood trail a few days ago (December of 2020) in the mountains a few hours north of Atlanta. Georgia Decembers can be a little weird weather-wise with one day being warm enough to wear shorts, the next being cold enough to snow. It was sprinkling slightly for my walk, but it was chilly enough to wonder if it would snow in the next day or two. The end of the trail opens up into a grassy clearing. When I got there, I found about a dozen deer milling about. They noticed me pretty quickly and took off into the woods on the far side. the encounter gave me the the idea to make this artwork.
Thanks for looking,
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 37.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.