Piece description from the artist
Quantum Mechanical tunneling happens when, According to Classical Mechanics there’s a barrier or wall. The energy to hop over the wall is more than is possessed by any of the particles blocked by the wall (or barrier). So in Classical Terms, those particles should be stuck on their side of the wall. In Quantum Mechanics, there’s also an Uncertainty factor, which tend to soften up Classical Walls, allowing some of the particles to leak or “tunnel” through the barrier. This idea was used to create the Scanning Tuneling Microscope, which could attain atomic resolution on atomically flat conductive samples.
Other scanning probe microscopies followed, but most of the in plane atomic resolution seen for the non-tunneling varieties has been well debunked.
In the painting “Tunneling Regime”, mica and other textural materials are used to create a granular space for the quantum tunneling particles, and the particle waves tunneling through are swirling helicoids. To be accurate, the Planck length granularity of space time is much much smaller than particles that can tunnel, and the waveforms aren’t accurate either. It is after all Art, and not a Physics illustration.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- acrylic with mica and texture gels on panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.