Piece description from the artist
Somber landscape is an ink drawing that is in many ways a hybrid between drawing and painting. To create the background, I used Windsor and newton's highly archival pigment-based art markers. These markers initially laid down like a drawing medium, with ink that sinks into the substrate. As the markers were layered to create complex color blends, the colors sat on the surface more and became easier to move them around and blend them. This property allowed me to create some very painterly effects in the sky and background.
The material is a paper/polymer composite. It is rigid and resists the warping and wrinkling that can trouble pure paper, it holds up to many layers of marker application, and it is also absorbent. One interesting property of this archival engineered "paper" is the granulation achieved by the marker pigments, which seems to be aided by the paper fibers and novel granularity of the material.
The foreground subject – the trees – were inked in using Prismacolor archival pigmented ink felt tip pens and India ink and white ink using a dip pen (and mixed grays). Parts of the piece are very painterly and parts very graphic and drawn. The combination creates an unusual dynamic that is very identifiably a Valluzzi piece.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 18.0"
- pigmented ink on acid free paper composite
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.