Piece description from the artist
Transition is an alcohol ink painting done on Arches oil paper. This isn’t a typical combination (ink and oil paper) but there are some really interesting outcomes and I enjoy this combination. I used a pallet knife on this one to move the color around on the paper. I had to work fast because the ink soaks into the paper quickly and dries so fast! I make quick movements and try to keep the art simple and at the same time, communicate what I’m feeling. It has a sumi art feel to it…which I absolutely love.
The instant I started this one I started feeling something about our society in America. The fabric of it is being torn apart. There is a transition happening. I believe this is due, in large part, by social media. It’s also due to the Coronavirus lockdowns and self-quarantines (or lack thereof). So many people refuse to wear masks. It seems that nobody cares about the person next to them. They only care that their personal freedoms are at stake. I don’t understand this thinking. We have to wear seat belts in the car to keep us safer. How is wearing a mask any different? But people don’t complain about having to wear a seat belt. It’s baffling to me. Such a small act of kindness towards the person near you. We are being pulled down, pushed apart, melting down, and everything that once made this country great is going away. It makes me incredibly sad. This piece represents what is happening in America at this moment. Thanks for reading and thanks for looking at my art. I appreciate it more than you’ll ever know.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 9.0" x 14.0"
- Alcohol Ink on Arches Oil Paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.