Piece description from the artist
Trajectory is a piece that was inspired by the technique of sumi art. I used pallet knives on canson oil paper. For color I used alcohol ink. Typically, alcohol ink is used on synthetic surfaces, not absorbent paper. But I have found lately that it will do interesting things on different substrates. Moving quickly in a fluid motion is the key. Short, fast moves.
In life we set a trajectory for our lives and then we often go in a totally different direction than planned. This piece makes me see how easily we can get off track. Especially in a year like 2020. For most (if not all people) what was planned at one point got completely derailed once the pandemic hit. From there the year continued to spiral into unknowns. Hurricanes, wildfires, politics, etc. It feels like this will be known as a year that changed everyone’s lives. Everybody had a trajectory change. I know I did. It’s still changing. What’s going to happen from here? I don’t have any idea. I do know that I will still plan to create art. It helps my soul. It’s one reason I call my art ‘soul art’ … it’s in my soul. I can make art anywhere and out of anything. That trajectory has not changed. My hope is that art can be a place of happiness for people. I hope my art brings that into someone’s life. Thanks for taking the time to look at my art. If you’ve made it this far into the description…thank you so much for reading this. It touches my heart when someone does. Cheers!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 9.0" x 6.0"
- alcohol ink
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.