The Silver warrior
Piece description from the artist
"The Silver Warrior"
On the plains of the American Wild West, a lone white horse wearing red war paint stands on a grass covered hill. It's sunrise and the sun bathes the scene in a golden light.
Meanwhile, the wind blows across the prairie, picking up the mane and tail of the Indian pony.
For this one, I was inspired by the horse Silver, the trusty companion of the Lone Ranger. I watched the show quite a lot as a kid, though I barely remember now. There was also a movie I saw a few years back, but it was not very good and quite forgettable. Anyhow, I don't watch a lot of TV these days, but when I do, my television has to take a minute or two to boot up the internal computer so I can watch Netflix. During that time though, one of the local on-the-air channels is on showing old TV shows from the 60's and 70's. One day, it was showing the Lone Ranger, and I though it might be fun do create an image of Silver. To make the scene a bit more interesting though, I decided to give him some war paint. Also, to make the horse appear more "silvery" I gave him more grey accents in this mane and tale and added a bluish bounce light. For some reason I reversed the image and liked it better, so I guess whomever painted this horse was left-handed.
Thanks for looking!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 45.0" x 60.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.