The Old Mountain Lion
Piece description from the artist
On old mountain lion rests on a rock on the shores of a calm lake. It's the height of autumn and the forest behind the cougar is alive with the red and yellow fall leaves. The big cat lazily stares back at you as if he's just noticed you paddling your canoe on the lake, but makes no effort to react otherwise.
I've been creating a lot of big cat scenes lately, and, with fall being my favorite season, I decided to feature a mountain lion/puma/panther/catamount in a warm North American autumn scene. I decided that I wanted the cat to be older as if he has aged along with the seasons of the year. So I added a subtle white beard, like that of an older human male – a kind of anthropomorphic hint.
I created this scene using digital techniques including CGI and digital painting.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 40.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.