The Mouse and the Owl
Piece description from the artist
In a dark forest, a mouse has just poked its nose into the wrong tree hollow. A great horned own rushes out after the mouse. The little mouse flees along a moss covered branch, as the nocturnal hunting bird chases it with its talons extended.
This image was inspired a bit from a scene in the movie, "The Secret of NIMH", which I saw when I was a kid. That was a long time ago, and I actually don't remember what was going on in the scene, I just remember a mouse approaching an old owl in the hollow of a tree. For some reason that image popped in my head recently and I decided to make a similar scene.
To create this image, I used 3D sculpting software to make the tree, as well as other 3D applications to place the animals. A good deal of digital painting was also involved.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 40.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.