White Buffalo Calf Woman
Piece description from the artist
A Native American woman in white stands next to a massive white buffalo. In one hand, she holds an ornate staff while she rests the other on the pale fur of the great bison. They stand upon a grassy hilltop at sunset looking back at you, the viewer.
The White Buffalo Calf Woman is a sacred figure in many of the Plains Indian religions. The basic story is that two scouts were sent to seek help during a famine. In their travels, they met the White Buffalo Calf woman. One of the men tried to take advantage of her and was reduced to a pile of bones. She saw that the other had a pure heart though and sent him back to his tribe to prepare for her arrival. When she arrived, she taught them seven sacred ceremonies and gave them a ceremonial pipe. She left promising to return one day. As she left, she took the form of several different buffalo, the last of which was a white calf.
To create this image, I used a variety of digital techniques including 3D Rendering (CGI) and digital painting.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 37.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.