Piece description from the artist
Uniting unrelated areas of artistry is the main catalyst behind my work. I focus on the exploration and execution of crochet techniques as methods for working with materials and processes associated with jewelry, sculpture, and painting. Interestingly, crochet has become a useful tool in mathematics and science, so my work often contains organically inspired forms because crochet objects can be closely governed by the same mathematical principals and systems commonly found in nature. As a prolific crocheter, I have often noticed how the technique seems to mimic various biological processes such as cell growth and reproduction. In the Stains series, doilies, which are common products of traditional crochet, become substitutes for cells and are 'stained' with acrylic so that their nature might be further scrutinized, similar to how specimens are viewed under a microscope after being prepared on a slide.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- acrylic and ink on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.