Piece description from the artist
When I created “Solitaire” I was in an interesting place. I’d recently moved across the country, away from my family and friends, to LA with my girlfriend. Things didn’t really work out so we ended up breaking up three months later. That quickly, I went from having some sort of foundation, to nothing. I was drowning myself in work and things were slowly starting to get to me. LA can be a lonely place; especially when you work in entertainment. I’m an extremely positive person, but this piece truly represents what I was feeling internally in the rare dark moments. In the same glimpse of it exposing my inner pain, sadness and loneliness, there was always my sense of optimism and I was always able to refocus on my true purpose. I definitely feel I conveyed that in the piece, as she’s emotional and crying, yet the positioning of her face shows that it’s more towards the end of her pain. I used the black and white acrylic to bring more emphasis and focus on the power of these feelings. There’s no feeling like the release from a good cry.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.