Piece description from the artist
It's a late summer morning and five or six large Blue Jays in the oaks outside the studio are shrieking at one another, calling back and forth in turn. Alarm? Dispute? Or just talking loud? I couldn't tell what the were yelling about, but observing all that racket and liveliness did give me joy. Shrill Joy gets some of its color and sharp contrast from that event. I stacked six variably-sized, separately-painted stretched canvases to create a metaphorical "call and response" dynamic between the panels. Sharp contrasts recall the immediacy of sound. Sky, summer heat, bird colors and the void of silence between call and return are all behind the color choices.
Shrill Joy is a beautiful and complex contemporary painting. It makes a joyful statement on the wall. Maybe you want to yell back at it. The painting ships directly from my studio, ready to hang, no frame required. The panels are signed, numbered, and joined with hardware.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 48.0" x 72.0"
- Acrylic on Canvas Panels
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.