Piece description from the artist
East: the direction by which I've always oriented myself in space. Easterly was the direction I faced observing sunrises, incoming tides and the moonglade. Easterly was the direction we sailed until we were over the horizon and land was out of sight. Easterly names a vector. We're moving with direction and magnitude in relation to everything else. Easterly signifies a purpose. This large contemporary painting is in homage to those personal experiences and to the senses of direction and larger purpose we all hold. The blues, blacks, grays and whites recall the qualities of the ocean and its coolness. Yellows, pinks and oranges recall the distant coastline and the warmth of land and sunlight. All of the contrasts are held in a dynamic balance by the horizontal banding. Easterly: straight out from shore, repeatedly crossing an ever-receding horizon, out of sight of land, moving with great purpose.
Easterly is beautifully painted in rich colors with great attention to structuring the complex color rhythms. For my collectors it will make a strong aesthetic statement in a large space. No doubt that it will also start the conversation about direction and purpose we all need.
Easterly ships directly from my studio, ready to hang, no frame required. It is signed on the reverse side.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 51.0" x 84.0"
- Acrylic on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.