Piece description from the artist
I wanted to call this "Refuse", as in garbage. But I continued to pursue it, adding, subtracting, refining and reclaiming it. Then, I realized the title is 'Refuse", as in refusing to give up! If you contrast this piece with the lighthearted one titled "Within the Lines" that i recently published, you will see polar ends of my alcohol ink experience. Within the Lines is about discovery and restraint, allowing the inks to dictate to ME what they want to BE, whereas this one is about refusing to give up until the painting yields to me something of value. Kind of like how we are supposed to pursue friendships and marriage and relationships, in LOVE. Love refuses to give up on people, no matter what.
Thanks for looking and I hope you like it.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 8.5"
- alcohol ink
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.