Race Point Sunset #4
Painting landscapes is something that I enjoy doing, something that I have taken with me through the journey of my life over the past thirty five years. What is it that attracts me to the landscape? I suppose it’s a place of being for us all, our connection to the land, giving us a sense of place on this planet.
The elements that attract me to a scene have to do with composition, color, contrasts of light and dark. When I paint a tree in a field the tree becomes secondary to describing the space around it.
What I like best about being in the landscape is, it’s a way to capture the moment- a way to stop time and study it. Through that observation an imprinted memory of the scene remains for me.
In addition to Plein Air painting I have been working on larger studio pieces from photographic reference of interesting compositions and lighting. Working in this controlled environment affords me the luxury of time to work larger and push the image in a slightly different and compelling direction.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- Oil on Linen
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.