Piece description from the artist
This piece reminds me of how we are living our lives. We, as a society live in isolated pockets. Sure, the Coronavirus is partially responsible for this. But I think a bigger reason is that we have now closed ourselves off. We no longer go to church or mix with friends and have parties or events. Even when we do get together, we are several feet apart and faces are half covered with masks so an expression on another person’s face can’t be seen. No hugs anymore. Not even fist bumps or elbow bumps. No handshakes. Just distance and masks. We’re living in pods. Our society has changed. Maybe forever. We no longer communicate with others unless we live in the same household. We are in close proximity to one another but that doesn’t mean we’re in communication with them. Social media has taken on a whole new meaning as well. It is a lifeline for some. It has also become a tool to polarize us from each other. Political posts and virus posts have made enemies out of people that were formerly friends … or who they thought were friends. It’s an interesting dynamic. I wonder what the future holds for society. Thanks for taking the time to look and to read this.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 8.5"
- Alcohol Ink
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.