Piece description from the artist
Prismacolor archival art marker and Sakura pigma micron utrafine pigmented flet tip pen on acid free coated RENDR paper. 11 × 14 inches.
An artists visualization of a potential well for a complex thrmodynamic process such as protein folding. According to one popular theory, proteins have a unique natured state, which represents the lowest potential energy at the bottom of a deep energy well. Because the folding process is complex, the deep well is surrounded by shallower wells. These represent structural traps or misfolds, states where the molecule can end up and become stuck if it starts to head down the wrong path because of environmental conditions or just random events. You can imagine the red and pink circles as shallow traps along the spiraling paths down into the potential wells. The darker purple is a robust path into the well. The stippled patterns are low probability paths and events that create the complex and detailed geometry of the well.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 14.0" x 11.0"
- Ink on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.