Piece description from the artist
The World Travelers
Bicycles, like all forms of transportation, represent a type of freedom. When we bring this symbol into a work of art, we are met at the intersection of our personal histories and the vast possibilities of the journeys that lay before us.
The ladders around my paintings work in a similar way, and they act like “crutches” for the bicycles. They appeared in my artwork before the bicycles. A ladder is a symbol of ascension and reaching out. They lead to other platforms and perspectives.
While not entirely abstract, my bicycles travel through paintings that contain a sense of musical exuberance, in fields of colors that converse across an imagined landscape. By air, by sea, by land; these bicycles are not confined to the laws of physics, but instead exist in their magical world.
I always quote my father, when first teaching me to ride a bike, in telling the story of these works: “His words were, ‘If you keep looking forward and remain undistracted, you will not lose your balance and fall. But if you do fall, brush yourself off and start cycling again.” This determination to keep moving forward, to explore continually, is evident in my work. Furthermore, the openness of the territory expresses the freedom and enormous possibility that comes when we study the world on a bicycle.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 22.0" x 28.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.