Piece description from the artist
This is the first piece in an abstract series I did in 2011. It is comprised of two separate cardboard layers, fused together. It represents an experiment in pattern and deviation.
I wanted to examine the compounding nature of contemporary art (visual and non visual); how different works across populations interact, and build off of and upon one another. I also wanted to show how most art is by nature allegorical, with meaning which is not always obvious but often hidden.
As with all my art most of the motivation comes from the process itself i.e. works are in flux and change dramatically from one stage to another. The electrocution process, for example, changes the color and texture of the paint; when the burning is severe enough it allows for access to deeper layers which I paint separately. All of the black in the painting is the strong, burnt, charcoal color.
For this piece I drew from my street-art background. Growing up in Miami, Florida there has always been the strong presence of this art form. The stencil-like appearance of the enlarged stamp pattern, the dripping white gesso, and the bold color contrasts all seem a testament to this.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- Gouache and High-voltage electricity on Cardboard
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.