Made in University Park, PA, 2009
Reality is a matter of perception. I use my work as a way to record, represent, understand and validate my own
sense of reality, as defined and refined through the process of editing.
Concept, form and process are intrinsically linked in my work and are developed simultaneously. Writing is an
important component of my practice and strengthens the ties between idea, language, and image. Titles serve
as captions, and remnants of the creative process are visible, revealing and tracking the evolution of the piece.
I contemplate relics, souvenirs, diaries, and documentation as ways of constructing and preserving a history.
My work experiments with various applications construction, editing, and refining: the Goldilocks drive that
perpetuates the quest for what is “just right.”
Consequently, my work appears eccentric and eclectic and demonstrates a wide range of physical handlings,
technical processes, materials, colors, patterns and textures, creating images that oscillate between representation
and the ethereal. Equally significant are symbols of artificial adhesion and repair, or “jury-rigging” the tenuous and
haphazard union in some neurotic conquest. The highly explorative process- which is simultaneously constructive,
destructive, and alchemical- involves constantly adding and subtracting layers of information, questioning the
integrity of the surface, exploiting techniques and materials, and drawing from an endless range of abstract,
representational, and conceptual references, to reflect fickle and inconsistent beliefs and opinions within each
piece and yield infinite new innovations of creation.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 36.0" x 48.0"
- Oil / mixed media on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.