Origins of Species
Piece description from the artist
Hand Drawn with pigment ink on hot-pressed drawing paper, approx 8×10″. There are a number of ideas kicking about regarding how Life, and living cells first started. One intriguing idea suggests that the bubbles. micelles, vesicles and other microenvironments formed by surfactants and amphiphiles created the protected environment needed for proteins to assemble and fold, and for RNA and DNA to work their replicating magic.
A small enough bubble or container is also more likely to contain an enantiomeric excess of chiral molecules. Some odd little notions on prebiological “proto-life” form the structure and theme of “Origins of Species”. Nothing is to scale, neither absolute nor relative scale. But there IS a bit of chirality.
The Title is a bit of a riff on Darwin’s “Origin of Species”. Instead of describing the variations within Life, and the Biology of diversity, we look back a bit further and try to imagine the underlying and unifying Physics behind living organisms.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 8.0" x 10.0"
- ink on paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.