Genome - Tree of Life 6
Piece description from the artist
Original is sold. Tree of Life No 6. This is number 6 in my tree of life series of paintings exploring trees as symbols of interdependence and relatedness. In some of these works the tree is a symbol for relatedness. For example, the common genetic heritage of life on earth is the theme of Tree of Life Number 6. In other painting in the series the role of trees as ecological regulators, maintaining the interconnected fabric of life, is explored. The effects of ecological stresses that threaten that fabric are also examined.
Tree of Life 6 uses a loose double helical motif, symbolizing DNA and our common biochemical heritage. The extruded double helical strands converge to make the tree trunk and branches.
The style of Tree of Life 6 is intensely textural. The flatter areas of paint in the background were created using layers of poured and swirled transparent – translucent paint and media. this creates a depth to the paint film and a feeling of colors encased in resinous film. Texture gels were used to create the basic tree shape, which was finished with layers of extruded ridged threads of tinted transparent medium. Glass lenses and mosaic glass pieces are embedded in the tree and adhered to parts of the background. These glass pieces make the work more “active” and responsive to light.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 36.0" x 36.0"
- Mixed on canvas (Acrylic, glass, tile)
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.