Gorilla at the Gate
Piece description from the artist
A large gorilla sits in front of an ornate gate that is shrouded in fog. There appears to be nothing behind the gate's entrance but a cloudy, grey sky with the hint of an eclipse peeking through. At the top of the gate there is an H in the ironwork.
What does it all mean?
This painting emerged from my subconscious. To me, there is kind of a symbolic nuance to this painting involving the afterlife which I have probably been thinking a lot more about due to this crazy pandemic we're all going through. No one knows what awaits them when they pass on and the concept of heaven is beyond human comprehension. But we all must face our fears and wonder if the life we have lived is good enough to pass judgement when that moment arrives. Will we encounter some symbolic gorilla at the gate who denies entrance or will he willingly let us pass?
Of course, some others who have seen this painting think that the gorilla is Harambe who is guarding the entrance to his own little kingdom.
However you view the painting, I hope that you like it!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- Acrylic on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.