Out of the Woods
Piece description from the artist
An outline shape of a woman who is composed of clouds and sky emerges out of a deep green forest. Anyone familiar with the work of the Belgian surrealist master, Rene Magritte, will probably recognize the outline shape motif that I used in this painting. Magritte did quite a few paintings featuring such an outline of a man or a bird, filled with sky. I have always been intrigued by this concept and decided to give it a try, creating my own, unique treatment. I have done multiple paintings involving the forest and woods and always love the challenge of trying to create a realistic forest setting. The stark imagery of the woman emerging from the forest provides a dramatic juxtaposition and to me creates a sort of symbolic image of a woman confidently emerging and the visual of the clouds and sky within the shape of the woman is a reminder that we are all sky – a part of something bigger that none of us can truly comprehend.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 40.0"
- acrylic on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.