Golden Gate Theatre II
Piece description from the artist
This painting presents the top side view of San Francisco's Golden Gate Theatre. The Golden Gate Theatre exudes the essence of a sacred monument. It is situated at 1 Taylor Street, intersected at an angle between Market Street and Golden Gate Avenue. It was built by G. Albert Lansburgh in the 1920’s. The theatre showed silent films for over 50 years. During the 1960’s, it was converted into a two-screen theatre. It suffered little damage, restored as a single auditorium and reopened in 1979 as a Performing Arts Center and continues to host performances. Yet the exterior façade needs an uplift and would be ideal to showcase its neon lights as this grand structure has a marvelous Art Deco sign.
This piece was first exhibited during Araujo's solo show, ON THE EDGE OF DELICATE LINES in 2013 at Alphaville Gallery in San Francisco. This painting was last exhibited at the Old Mint, for Mid-Market Landmarks solo exhibition in San Francisco in 2013.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 18.0"
- Oil on panel
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.