Piece description from the artist
Love Maps? Love Ohio? This is for you!
This is a fine art giclee print of Girard OH which is located outside of Cleveland. The image is an abstract map of most of the city, which was founded by Stephen Girard, philanthropist and founder of Girard College in Philadelphia. Bright and fun, this archival giclee print would make a great addition to your home!
This map is part of the Commemorative Collection, which I made as a way to celebrate the life of my brother who passed away unexpectedly. Each map in this collection represents a place that was an important milestone in my brother's story. My goal was to create the maps as a way to keep his stories alive, while at the same time invoking stories and memories for other people who spent time in these places. Location is the thing that binds our experiences together- our own experiences from one place to the next, and our combined experiences, sharing space and time with each other.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- " x "
- Layered Drawings- pastel, graphite, watercolor
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.