From the Office, Morning
Piece description from the artist
My streetscapes attempt to address the interaction between the geological forces that have created the topography of San Francisco, the plants and other natural elements of the environment, and the roads and buildings that humans have laid over it. This relationship is not always a comfortable or easy one. It contains many compromises and awkward situations, and these make it a more interesting, vibrant place for me to work.
My streetscapes have become more abstract over time, the result of my focus on the elements that create a mood or emotional response as I view a scene. Nonessential details are removed, the rules of perspective are minimized, and the result is a group of colored planes, interacting to create an atmosphere without necessarily containing any recognizable features. Mood is depicted through the use of color, line and abstract form, without strongly defined positive and negative spaces, leaving room for interpretation by the viewer.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- Acrylic on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.