Dreams of Awakened Souls
Piece description from the artist
The title is taken from a French proverb about hope. “Dream..” was created for a group show marking the 10th anniversary of 9/11. The exhibit featured artwork that looks at the tragedy and the character of hope in the 10 years following.
It depicts and abstracted “tree of life” rising from the ashes, symbolizing hope and the connectivity of the human community. The colors shade from an almost completely unsaturated mix of off-white and flat indigo, which turns to vibrant and uplifting pinks, greens, blues, and metallic, reflecting the buoyant character of home and community – even in the wake of tragedy.
There are subtle references to the particular place and iconic imagery of NYC’s WTC before and in the wake of 9/11. This iconography is transformed into a tapestry of vibrant organic shapes and floating colors as the image progresses upwards.
“Dreams …” is an attempt to pay a respectful homage to the heroes and victims of the 9/11 tragedy, while recognizing and celebrating the resilience and spirit of NYC ten years later.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 42.0"
- mixed on linen (oil and metal foil over acrylic, glass and texture media)
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.