Piece description from the artist
In graduate school at MICA, I started an experimental technique in the color darkroom. I was researching light, specifically scientific light colors on a different color wheel than pigment paint. Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are the primary colors and I found how to create them and secondary colors with the color enlarger. This lead me to years of investigation and as an abstract artist by nature, an inward view emerged. This series represents to me: new life, single celled organisms, clusters of plankton, diatoms, etc. My questions around being adopted were explored as I learned to create life in my fictional world. I used glass light sconces and started blowing my own glass for the purpose of photograming my new cellular organisms. This work has been exhibited at the Paul Robeson Gallery in Newark, NJ, the Hunterdon Art Museum in Clinton, NJ, Gallery Imperato in Baltimore, MD, The Red Dot Artfair in NYC and The Arts League of Washington in Washington, DC.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- photogram limited edition
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.