Piece description from the artist
Boyer’s "Gather" Series depicts groups of people spending time together in public spaces. The works range from a single portrait to groups of ten with a focus on leisure and entertainment. Although the group is often diverse, Boyer creates similarity by using the same set of colors throughout the scene so that there is no difference in clothing and skin color between figures.
Boyer’s figures explore how we see each other through the lens of our beliefs. Some of our beliefs are shared with a larger group, such as culture or politics, while other beliefs are based on our experiences. These beliefs can have negative connotations when used generally as stereotypes, but can also be more nuanced and positive. Our preconceptions inform whether we think a stranger is friendly or hostile and provide a framework for anticipating how others may react. Boyer’s characters embody this dichotomy of being individuals while representing a larger idea. Their individuality shines through their features and gestures, while a layer of small iconic shapes on the surface of each person link them to an underlying idea and the theme of each series.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 36.0" x 48.0"
- Acrylic on Canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.