Piece description from the artist
In Camping the figures have driven to the remote wilderness in a smart car, which lessens the impact of their drive on the environment, but leaves them exposed to the natural elements as they try to sleep into the day. Usually campers arrive with plenty of gear to protect themselves, but this couple seems to be without. It is unclear if they are unprepared or if they prefer to experience nature without the comforts campers usually bring.
Camping is a part of the Nature Series, which was initially inspired by the various cultural signifiers that help us feel like we impact nature less than we do, such as goods packaged in brown paper. I found it interesting that the small environmental benefit of not using bleached paper packaging could be a reason to buy something or even pay a premium. Regardless of how they are made, even “natural” products are still something that we consume that change our surroundings. Although we buy these products as a gesture of our concern for nature, we still put tremendous effort into keeping nature out of our own living spaces. Ultimately, buying these products is just another way of exerting control as if we can decide exactly what and where nature is allowed to be.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 35.0" x 27.0"
- ink on glassine, acrylic and oil on panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.