Piece description from the artist
A bison, also known as an American buffalo, stands on a hill and looks back at you, the viewer, with a gaze that is a mixture of menace and challenge. Apparently, you’ve done something to make this massive animal of the American West quite angry.
The bison bull stands among long dry grass on a late summer evening. Behind it, a few fir trees jut into the sky where the sun has just dipped behind a few clouds to create a bright golden sunset.
This is inspired by classical Western paintings which were made when bison were almost always referred to as "buffalo". Hence the title uses that name rather than "bison".
I made this work using a variety of digital techniques starting with 3D Rendering and including digital painting and color enhancement.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 37.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.