Piece description from the artist
A group of owls sits perched on the edge of an old, moss covered bird bath. Representing several species, they seem to be holding a council or meeting of some sort. As it is fall, perhaps they have met to discuss the coming winter. There is a great grey owl, a great horned owl, and a snowy owl. They are flanked by two smaller barn owls. Each of them is subtly reflected in the still waters of the bird bath. All of the owls look back at, you, the viewer. Around them, the old twisted oaks have begun to shed their leaves for the autumn, yet the trunks are still covered in a deep green moss. Meanwhile a subtle mist drifts through the forest foliage.
For this work, I wanted to present a rather mysterious scene featuring some of the owl models I've sculpted over the past few months. As predators, I find that owls can, in some ways, be a bit creepy. So in order to emphasize this, I made them all staring back at the viewer, as if you have just interrupted their meeting. But I also like the idea that they are having some sort of council of the wise (as owls are a symbol of wisdom).
For the environment, I wanted an intense but unusual palette of colors. So I picked orange and green to dominate the scene and give it a surreal sense.
Thanks for looking!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 45.0" x 60.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.