Buffalo Crossing a River
Piece description from the artist
A bison splashes through the waters of a shallow river that cuts through a grassy plain in the American West. Fir trees top the distant hills, and behind them jagged mountains dusted with snow cut into the sky. Perhaps this buffalo felt needed a bath.
This is the next entry in my Buffalo Art series. I created this image using CGI and Digital Painting techniques. To start with I used a tool called Vue from E-on Software to create the mountains, prarie, river, and sky. The bison model is from Daz3d.com. To pose the bison I used Daz Studio, and, to add the fur, I used the plug-in LookAtMyHair. After importing the bison in Vue and rendering the final image there, I used GIMP to fix errors, adjust colors, and add my stamp.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 37.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.